Want to loosen up in your art?
If you’ve been wanting to paint, but feel like you don’t have a lot of time, I’ve put together my Watercolor Joy Mini Course, which has six instant-access projects.
Learn the techniques and supplies I use to develop my style and paint your own whimsical characters.
- A step by step template for creating any whimsical character
- Six instant-access painting projects you can do with just a few supplies
- My secret for overcoming creative blocks and getting past the ugly stage
- The fundamental principles I use to paint with whimsy, using multiple styles and techniques
- Direct access to me in our private Facebook group for feedback, community and support
These are the techniques and art supplies I return to again and again because they work.
The Watercolor Joy Mini Course has EVERYTHING you need to get started so you can overcome creative blocks, let go, and loosen up (it’s all about play, which helps me keep my paintings loose)
This online workshop is perfect for beginners or anyone looking to get creative and play.
- WHAT: An online painting course.
- WHEN: This is a self-paced, instant access online course, so all of the projects are waiting for you as soon as you register.
- FIVE MIXED MEDIA PAINTINGS: These projects can be created in under 10 minutes, using water-soluble pencil, watercolors, and a sketchbook (acrylics and inks are optional in Project 5).
- BONUS MIXED MEDIA PAINTING: In this project video, I talk you through my process, so you’ll learn my latest techniques (this is a project from my Portrait Paintng class).
- COMMUNITY ART GALLERY: You’ll have direct access to me in our private Facebook group where you can connect with other artists. This offers an encouraging, safe, supportive and friendly place to share your in-progress or finished artwork. Ask for feedback or just share and see what others are working on.
- COURSE ACCESS: This course is 100% online and you’ll have one-year access to the course content.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
This course is designed to help you loosen up and let go. It’s the perfect jumpstart for your creative practice.
Our focus will be on: overcoming creative blocks with daily paintings that you can create in under 10 minutes, with a whole lot of support and encouragement.
Whether you’re just coming back to painting or looking to amplify your current creative practice, this mini course is for you.
JUMPSTART YOUR CREATIVE PRACTICE
If you’ve been feeling creatively uninspired, or just looking for more calm and joy in your life, this class is here to be your guide to freedom.
I share a variety of techniques to help you develop a daily painting practice so you can feel inspired, loosen up, and overcome creative blocks.
PROJECTS AT A GLANCE
- Project 1 – Using watercolor paintings to let go and create a whimsical portrait that focuses on color.
- Project 2 – Creating a watercolor painting, beginning to layer more color, continue learning layering techniques.
- Project 3 – Continue with mixed media layering for painting women’s faces, using more techniques and supplies in under 10 minutes.
- Project 4 – Create a watercolor painting, adding depth, contrast and more layers.
- Project 5 – Adding new techniques and supplies, learning to work with mistakes to create a portrait
- BONUS Project – Paint a watercolor painting, learn how to overcome more blocks and stay inspired.
WHO IS THIS CLASS FOR?
You don’t need any painting experience or expensive art supplies to take this class – all you really need are a few paints and brushes, and an openness to play.
The lessons are designed to make creating fun, easy and completely un-intimidating.
Whether you haven’t painted since you were in kindergarten or if you’re an avid creative or artist looking to learn new techniques, this class is for you.
WHAT MATERIALS WILL I NEED?
Once you’ve registered you’ll get a full supply list with links to brands and details. We’re using simple supplies in this course so you can get more materials as you go or easily include what you already have and use in your creative practice:
- Water-soluble Pencil (Black)
- Sketchbook (9″ x 12″)
- Watercolors (a simple Crayoloa set is fine)
- Brushes (2-4 brushes – round 0, round 3, 2 flat brushes)
- Optional: Canvas, High Flow Acrylics – 1 color (Teal), Acrylic Ink – 1 color (Neon Pink)
I’m Juliette Crane, the founder of The School of Happy Painting, a suite of online courses in fearless art and mess making that encourage thousands around the world to get creative and live their dreams.
With over 15 years experience as a working artist, I want to share what I’ve learned and what’s worked for me, in the hope that it’ll help you be more productive and develop your own style faster.
Art was the thing I loved to do growing up and in high school. But when I graduated college, I felt like my creativity didn’t matter.
I stopped painting for more than ten years. I went to work as an editorial assistant at a newspaper, occasionally writing a music review or gallery feature.
It took SO many different jobs as a photographer, gallery assistant, floral designer and more before I finally realized the only thing I could put my heart into was being a full-time artist.
My hope is that in sharing my creative process, you feel more connected and supported as you create, and find more beauty and happiness in your every day.
I’ll see you in class!
If You Have Any Other Questions...
Feel free to email me at [email protected] :)